Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 years old and wondering about buying u.s stocks

Options
  • 09-10-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi members of boards.ie ;p this is my first post on here so cut me some slack if I'm doing something wrong, I'm wondering about how I can buy u.s stocks without paying huge fees, I was looking at opening a davy select account for buying shares but then I looked at the fees, 10 euro per trade which is decent but then I saw the overseas charge for buying any stocks outside of Ireland was 25 ****ing euro which is insane, not sure if that is added on to the 10 euro or just the overall price but still there is no chance I can afford 25/35 euro per transaction.

Is there anyway I can buy american stocks for around 10 or less quid, thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check these guys out https://www.degiro.ie/

You will need to be 18 so get a parent to buy on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 powbow

I'll have a look at them atlantic dawn thanks

I'm not sure about degiro they seem too cheap and I just read a full article about how they hate degiro, I might try them out but if anyone has any more ideas feel free to tell me

I'm not sure about degiro they seem too cheap and I just read a full article about how they hate degiro, I might try them out but if anyone has any more ideas feel free to tell me also like you said I will be getting my parents to setup the account, thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have a read though the investments & markets forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=859

• Advertisement
Advertisement