Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapelizod area guide

Options
  • 09-10-2015 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi folks,
    Me my wife and our dog are planning to move to Dublin.Currently we live in the mindlands.I have an option of taking a place for rent in chapelizod ( Park lane ) .Just want to check how is the place in terms of safety,things to do and commute to the city?
    I heard its near ballyfermot which is a bit rough but can anyone who is living in chapelizod or was living give some pointers?

Thanks
    Sarthak

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Don't live there, but have a friend who does.
    It's a quiet, and safe village. It's a quick bus ride into the city, close to the M50 to get elsewhere, and you've the park and river on your doorstep. Other than that, the worst you could say about the place is that it's a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sarthak

thanks mate.Just wondering is there is some young crowd there :) and are there gyms/shops etc in the vicinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Dunno about gyms, but supermarkets are a bit of an issue - you'll really need a car to get to a decent supermarket. It's really a contained village. My (outsiders) sense of the place is that it's not exactly buzzing with a youthful scene - but the park has lots of activities if you're the sporty/outdoorsy type.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

There's a shop on the corner of Park Lane, a spar and a chemist just around the corner. 2 pubs less than a minutes walk away.
    Not a lot else in the village itself. There is some sort of community room in the main square, I've seen posters for various meeting groups there hut I haven't paid much attention really.
    There's 2 gyms around a kilometre away, at the Hilton hotel in Kilmainham and the Sheldon Park hotel on the Kylemore road. Also a TRX up in Palmerstown.
    If you have a car you have a good choice of supermarket. A tesco, supervalu, 2 aldis and a lidl all within around 1.5km of your door.
    Parking isnt great in Chapelizod.
    Good choice of buses, you'll never be waiting more than 10 minutes except perhaps Sundays. It takes about 15 mins to get in and once the bus hits the river it's the same home, Westmoreland street can be very slow. Taxi home from city centre will be 15euro tops after a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's like a little village in the centre of Dublin. I think it's great, particularly if you're active - the Phoenix Park is right beside it, the river goes through it. Supermarkets are a problem if you don't have a car - you can however get the bus to Liffey Valley or the Aldi in Palmerstown.

It is boring, that's true, but Dublin city centre is around the corner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement