If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

American Student doing postgraduate in Ireland

  • 09-10-2015 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭


    A friend is currently doing a Masters that will last for 1 year. He's American. He's here on a student VISA. Will he need to leave when the year is up, or is it possible to extend it in any way?



  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

    As I understand it , he basically can work one further year on a full time basis, with out the need of any employment permit. After that you are talking about an employer getting an employment permit for him or applying for a critical skills permit (IT etc) if he is that.domain.