Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum Graphics card needed

Options
  • 08-10-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

So I just discovered that my 2x5870s crossfire wont work with Battlefront as they need a 2gb card.

What is the cheapest card that will work and will my Intel i7 920 wins 10 64 bit work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

petertgtt wrote: »
    So I just discovered that my 2x5870s crossfire wont work with Battlefront as they need a 2gb card.

What is the cheapest card that will work and will my Intel i7 920 wins 10 64 bit work?

Was the macine a pre built or did you build it yourself? Need to know what power supply is in it.

A 750 ti is a good budget choice though,you certainly wont be maxing the game but should run it ok. Its also very power efficent so is usually a decent upgrade for pre builts with low end power supplies.

Personally id wait till the game gets a final release and see what how it runs,can make a more informed decison then. Never buy hardware based on a beta!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It doesn't run at all? Are you sure? Or are you just saying that because the requirements say a 2GB card is required?

Dual 5870's should be able to handle the game fine at medium settings. It's obviously a very power and heat inefficient way of getting things done but it should still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'm running a Intel i730, with 8800gtx for physics and a Radeon 5770 for graphics(neither are 2gb cards). I can run BF4 on medium and GTA5 on medium. You most definitely should be able to run Battlefront with twin 5870s.

Did you actual install the game and try to run it, or looking at min requirements?

Funnily enough, I ordered http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Nvidia-GeForce-Graphics-GDDR5-PCI-Express/dp/B00ICUGOP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449493049&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+Nvidia+GeForce+GTX+750+Ti+Graphics+Card+%282GB%2C+GDDR5%2C+PCI-Express+3.0%29 yesterday, which should support newer games.

Advertisement