Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkers in the pool...arrr OMG

Options
  • 08-10-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Has anyone noticed the number of fat walkers are now tending to use pools, moreso than ever....
    I find this more than annoying, today there was one in the fast lane and he did not budge...

The number of wallkers v swimmers is about 60 40 in the pool I'm in. All of the walkers are grossly over weight...

Does anyone else have this problem??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Did you point it out to the walker than they were in a lane for swimming and not for walking?

Which pool was it....maybe mention it to staff also.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Tell them to get out of the way (politely)

I dont get the "walkers". Fair enough they are unfit and trying to get in shape but couldn't they try and swim? Its what the pool is for. I actually changed gym because of this to one which has a very deep deep end... too deep for walkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Full Marx wrote: »
    Tell them to get out of the way (politely)

I dont get the "walkers". Fair enough they are unfit and trying to get in shape but couldn't they try and swim? Its what the pool is for. I actually changed gym because of this to one which has a very deep deep end... too deep for walkers.

Good idea. Though no deep ones in Maynooth. Its the Glenroyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

The pools in there were awful when I used to swim there, had one woman give out to me because I splashed her and she didn't want to get wet, while walking down the lane beside the fast lane. Lads looking after the pool were useless too. I found the adult family pool better in the evenings, children weren't allowed in after 7 and was usually quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It seems to be the latest thing that some health professional are suggesting to people. Apparantly walking in water can be good for certain injuries etc. It's a shame that they do not limit it to just one area in the pool.

• Advertisement

Miaireland wrote: »
    It seems to be the latest thing that some health professional are suggesting to people. Apparantly walking in water can be good for certain injuries etc. It's a shame that they do not limit it to just one area in the pool.

I think they do limit it but dont police it. Some old geezers think they can get away with it. Next time I think I'll just annoy them by going into the lane. Think they'll get the message then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Has anyone noticed the number of fat walkers are now tending to use pools, moreso than ever....
    All of the walkers are grossly over weight...
    Some old geezers think they can get away with it. Next time I think I'll just annoy them by going into the lane. Think they'll get the message then.?

Is this sort of language really necessary?
    Would you speak like this to their face?

Is this sort of language really necessary?
    Would you speak like this to their face?

I have to agree with you mahoganygas, lads it's unnecessary to call people names like this.

The best way I find is tell them you are doing a swimming session, show them the session and ask them would they like to join in...They normally say I wouldn't manage it and they get into another lane.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

joey100 wrote: »
    had one woman give out to me because I splashed her and she didn't want to get wet

Why the feck would you go to a pool if you don't want to get wet? The mind boggles.

Why the feck would you go to a pool if you don't want to get wet? The mind boggles.

I've seen women with full makeup on in pool, some their mascara was running down their faces:D.

• Advertisement

Apologies, just very frustrating......And they always seem to be the ones getting away with it as the rest of us polite people sit
    back and let it happen....

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

I wouldn't be inclined to complain directly to someone, but I have asked the lifeguard at times to ask people to move into other lanes. That way I don't get embarressed.

I would recommend joining a club if it's an on going issue, then you will have the opportunity to swim at a fast pace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Its just people doing physio work for hip, knee replacements etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Very common in hotel pool. Go swimming early morning or late tend to be no walkers.

Advertisement