Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse sitters - Advise

Options
  • 08-10-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advise as I am looking to go on holidays but this year I have no one to look after my horses. My girls that used to moved back to her home.
    What do other people or can anyone recommend or know of anybody that would do this kinda thing. I'm based Dublin/ Wicklow area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have you thought about hiring a freelance groom for the few days, if you don't want to move them to a livery yard? What all would you be looking for them to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I usually put my horse out when I'm holidays and have a friend go check her every second day or so. I got a field for €20 a week in North Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tammi

sup_dude wrote: »
    Have you thought about hiring a freelance groom for the few days, if you don't want to move them to a livery yard? What all would you be looking for them to do?

Someone to feed then each day and check then to make sure all is ok etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I've done this for friends in the past. Have you any friends who would help out? if not maybe ask around local yards to see if they would recommend someone trustworthy to come and do it each day for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

PM me your location Tammi I might know someone who would do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 fizififi

Cassidys equine care & services. Based in Newcastle C o Wicklow.
    mod edit: <snip>
    Also have a Facebook page

Advertisement