Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICU - MCU Relations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rob51

One other related article on the MCU website is the no confidence motion in the current Executive submitted to the ICU AGM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

So who gave a copy of the letter to the person of poor standing?

Tychoo wrote: »
    So who gave a copy of the letter to the person of poor standing?

Well John himself claimed he didn't know but that it was probably a disgruntled member of the MCU Committee. In which case it was a bit inconsiderate of him to demand that all four resign!

On the other hand I think most sensible people assume it was one of those members of the ICU Executive who seemed very anxious that the allegations against Gerry Graham were made public. And of course Pat Fitzsimons himself eventually circulated the letter to pretty much all Munster League and Leinster League clubs to "provide balance".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

rob51 wrote: »
    One other related article on the MCU website is the no confidence motion in the current Executive submitted to the ICU AGM.

From my understanding, the MCU executive said they would be present at the AGM to inform people that the MCU had no confidence in the current ICU committee. I don't believe the MCU members were ever told that this motion was going to be submitted. So it's just 2 ICU members proposing this motion.

I actually agree with Pat on this one, that motion should be rejected. It should just be a note in AOB (if someone wants it noted). It is not a motion but rather a statement.

The motion of no confidence does nothing btw and is pointless UNLESS it was done at an EGM to remove the candidates. There is an election so this motion will not overturn the membership's vote - making it utterly useless and pointless.

A better way to propose this motion is to propose a motion of no confidence in the chair at the AGM (to have someone else run the meeting) and elect a new chair to run the meeting (might be a good idea if Pat refuses to permit a change in the agenda i.e. reports before elections). But if he does permit a change honestly, that would just be pedantic and I think common courtesy should allow Pat to see out his term in office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

It was my understanding that it was to be submitted. Why bother drafting it in the first place. I was there on the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

It was my understanding that it was to be submitted. Why bother drafting it in the first place. I was there on the night

The motion was that the MCU had no confidence in the ICU executive. Which the MCU published on their website and told the ICU in a letter.

It was not the ICU members had no confidence in the ICU executive. That is a very different motion of which the MCU members have no right to demand.

It was also my understanding that a no confidence motion would be put forward to the ICU AGM unless of course Pat Fitzsimons had responded positively to Alan's letter. Otherwise what was the point of having a vote of no confidence at the MCU AGM. Clearly the members present were unhappy with the ICU Executive not just the Chairman.

The point of raising this, surely, is that it needs to be dealt with before the election. Remember the current Agenda shows the election right after the Chairman's address and before Officers reports. It also gives no indication if those standing for election will be allowed speak.

In either case those attending the AGM should surely be made aware of the issues before being asked to vote on anything. And I certainly wouldn't assume that the current Executive will be voted out unless people are aware of their real track record.

Advertisement