Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement headlamp bulbs for Audi A6

Options
  • 08-10-2015 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just looking for a recommendation. I've a A6 (C6 variant) and I have always disliked the yellowish light emitted from the headlamps. Can I swap them out (cheaply) for a white light ( its 3 bulbs per lamp and fogs also ). Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bumping this folks. Didn't do anything with the stock bulbs but they do annoy me. Any suggestions ? Just looking for something non-yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

ECG did a vid on these a while back, don't know if they're available here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cheers biko, but just looking for bulb swap outs as opposed to the LED/CANBus kits. They have sets of H7, H3 & H1 (dipped, fog & mainbeam) in the local MF here. Just seen them today. €12 approx per set of 2. Might just get a set for the dipped and see how they look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'm very surprised at how good those LED headlights look in that, I was afraid I'd have to lose all faith in Eric - any previous shenzen jobbies I've seen were obnoxious glarey muck.

Dodzy - Philips extreme vision or Osram Nightbreaker are what you want if you want the best of traditional filament bulbs.
    You would need reputable LEDs for the parking lights to match. I recommend Phillips or Osram again for these (around 4000k is best match)- not cheap but then the cheap eBay quality LEDs are just plain nasty and skangery. Philips are best bang for buck in my experience.

A filament option for the sidelights is halfords laser blue. I'm sure philips do an equivalent - the idea is that the bulb has a blue coating but lights up around 4500k - pretty white looking, not yellow or blue. The hassle here is that it is easy to buy a bulb that DOES light up blue - eg Halfords ultra blue or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I've used Osram Nightbreaker and liked them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

biko wrote: »
    Yeah, I've used Osram Nightbreaker and liked them.

+1 for night breakers €30 for two H7s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I'd imagine those LEDs will fall into the same bracket as aftermarket HIDs and won't pass the NCT. AFAIK, they also require washers and auto-levelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

just came here about to post the same. Was looking in halfords the other day, theres feckin loads of them, and didnt want to go buy a blue light either.

Is there anywhere online thats sells decent ones and not your chinese ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Etnies wrote: »
    just came here about to post the same. Was looking in halfords the other day, theres feckin loads of them, and didnt want to go buy a blue light either.

Is there anywhere online thats sells decent ones and not your chinese ones.

You looking for led or filament bulbs? Powerbulbs.com is worth a look - try to find a discount code, there's always some promo on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

You looking for led or filament bulbs? Powerbulbs.com is worth a look - try to find a discount code, there's always some promo on.

Great site exactly what I was looking for. Ordered up full set of front lights with 20% discount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement