Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland in Rebellion

• 08-10-2015 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭

May be of interest......

'Ireland in Rebellion' - Free Online History Course
    The public is being invited to explore the forces that shaped modern Ireland through a free online history course delivered by Trinity College Dublin. The 14-week course, taught online by Trinity historians and other experts, is aimed at the general public as well as second level teachers and students.

The course Ireland in Rebellion, 1782-1916, will focus on the events and individuals which led to the creation of the independent Irish state, beginning with the winning of legislative independence, and exploring the competing forces of constitutional nationalism and radicalism.

Each week four mini lectures and an interview with a leading expert will be released online via Trinity’s YouTube channel and ITunes U. Weekly content will be 75 minutes long and will be made available every Friday. The first week of lectures, focusing on The Challenge of the 1916 Rising: Irish History from the American War of Independence to the First World War, is now available online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

It's opportunities like that that come along now and then to learn more about the country my dad left behind for a new life after a hard life in Co Cork that make me wish that I lived nearer to Ireland than I do.

Sure, it's on-line and therefore accessible to all, but nothing beats being able to talk directly to people about it.

tac

Advertisement