Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dole Payment - Absent

Options
  • 08-10-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am claiming dole for the first time. I didn't think the claim would be processed so quickly, and I've received a letter today to say that my payment is going to be ready for collection on Wednesday.

I won't be in Dublin this Wednesday however. Is it possible to collect it when I return on the Friday, or will I have to go through a new application process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Immaculata

As far as I know, social welfare payments are there to be collected for three days including the day they are issued. So if your payment is ready to be collected on Wednesday, it should remain there on Thursday and on Friday, so hypothetically you shouldn't have a problem picking it up on Friday.

You could call your local post office or your local social welfare office to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

It'll be there on Friday.

If you miss a payment it'll be reissued in about 3 weeks, when you'll get two payments in the same week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I could be wrong but I had thought some if not all hit the Post Office a day early, so J.S.A. on a Tuesday is in on the Monday, so, my reckoning on it would have been that it'd there Mon., Tues., and Wed. Rather than Tues., Wed., and Thurs. Now it might be a case that it comes in a day early anyway and that it'd be there three full official days from your actual official date of collection, but I'd ring some Office somewhere to make sure. Perhaps someone else knows more about the day early thing I'm on about.

Advertisement