Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can they do this?

Options
  • 08-10-2015 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Let's say I buy my own shirt for work. I am then reimbursed for buying and laundering that shirt for work. It's in my contract that I buy my own work shirt and I am reimbursed for buying and laundering that shirt.

My boss now wants to give me a shirt for work. But the shirt doesn't fit so I can't wear it.

Because I refuse to wear a shirt that doesn't fit, my boss tells me that it's fine to continue to wear my own shirt, but I will no longer be reimbursed.

I am the only person in the company who is being given the option of a shirt that doesn't fit, or to lose the reimbursement.

Can they do this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr.Carter

Let's say I buy my own shirt for work. I am then reimbursed for buying and laundering that shirt for work. It's in my contract that I buy my own work shirt and I am reimbursed for buying and laundering that shirt.

My boss now wants to give me a shirt for work. But the shirt doesn't fit so I can't wear it.

Because I refuse to wear a shirt that doesn't fit, my boss tells me that it's fine to continue to wear my own shirt, but I will no longer be reimbursed.

I am the only person in the company who is being given the option of a shirt that doesn't fit, or to lose the reimbursement.

Can they do this?

If it's in your contract it could very well be legally binding for them to reimburse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are you a man or a woman? And is it too tight, or too constricting?

If you're a man, see if you can wear it, and burst the buttons when you move ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr.Carter

Do the incredible hulk on it.... ;-)

Advertisement