Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology Msc in Maynooth? Cognitive Science Masters Ucd?

Options
  • 07-10-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I'm in my final year of my bachelor's psychology degree, and trying to decide which direction to go afterwards.
    Has anyone done either the Psychology masters in NUIM or the Cognitive Science one in UCD?
    Are they difficult to get into? My particular area of interest would be cognitive, but I'd be open to behavioural research as well. My final year project will be looking at cognitive though.
    How much should a research proposal be developed before applying? Does anyone have any general advice for me?
    The one in Maynooth looks particularly appealing to me, but I am concerned that my bachelor's has been done through arts, not science unlike the Maynooth undergraduate degree so I'm worried I might be at a disadvantage from that angle.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Generally, if you have an idea of what you want to do your thesis on, that'll be enough. They will generally help you firm up your proposal into something workable.

The B.A and B.Sc. in psychology are equivalent, there should be no discrimination between them. It just depends on the organisation of the university, which faculty you are in as a psychology student.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Psychlols

Thank you!

Advertisement