Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEMPI Vs A Give Away Budget?

Options
  • 07-10-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if there's any legal action that can be taken when we all still have FEMPI applied to our paychecks and there's a give away budget, something for everybody.

Surely if the emergency is over, so too should the cuts and freezes? You can't have it both ways. :confused: Why are the Unions not hopping up and down with every new announcement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

Surely if the emergency is over, so too should the cuts and freezes? You can't have it both ways. :confused: Why are the Unions not hopping up and down with every new announcement?

For same reason they haven't been hopping up and down for / at EVERY betrayal over last 5-7 years ?INTO deputy general secretary is LITERALLY paid by Labour / Govt .Id imagine it's a similar story for the rest of the shower that sold us out .Sure isn't SIPTU boss also sitting on state boards ?!

Did anyone hear him on Morning Ireland yesterday praising the govt and Labour in particular for saving us from the worst ravages of recession and citing Syrizia in Greece as the alternative .Jesus wept !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

2011abc wrote: »
    For same reason they haven't been hopping up and down for / at EVERY betrayal over last 5-7 years ?INTO deputy general secretary is LITERALLY paid by Labour / Govt .Id imagine it's a similar story for the rest of the shower that sold us out .Sure isn't SIPTU boss also sitting on state boards ?!

Did anyone hear him on Morning Ireland yesterday praising the govt and Labour in particular for saving us from the worst ravages of recession and citing Syrizia in Greece as the alternative .Jesus wept !!!

Yes, I very much did hear him. The €4 million SIPTU slush fund from the government of the day to keep SIPTU officials pliant with government policy came straight to mind.

It's absolutely disgraceful that the Labour Party is being treated as a party of the Left, given what it has been implementing on us since 2011, while making very sure that themselves and their advisers remain ar mhuin na muice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

TUI really piss me off. I see on their site that there's a FEMPI protest on today at 4pm. I look at their website about 5 days a bloody week to see if there's anything going on. There was nothing on it last night. How in Gods name can we turn up if we don't know it's on.

Honestly, it's a real box ticking exercise to protest and not let us know in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

TUI really piss me off. I see on their site that there's a FEMPI protest on today at 4pm. I look at their website about 5 days a bloody week to see if there's anything going on. There was nothing on it last night. How in Gods name can we turn up if we don't know it's on.

Honestly, it's a real box ticking exercise to protest and not let us know in advance.

Our rep only forwarded it just before our staff meeting which ran 230-430 so couldn't have gone anyways but seriously short notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ethical

Education in ETBs is a total mess,its a box ticking exercise! The real needs of the children are being ignored ....and do not mention the voluntary schools they are corrupt! It makes my blood boil to see the way teachers are being fcuked around in education as a whole.The students are suffering at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

FEMPI here to stay for another while.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0629/799053-pay-dispute/

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

How is this legal? Why have the other parties not stopped this or even spoken up against this? Why haven't the Trade Union movement stopped this or even spoken up against this? Legal action should be taken. The silence is very worrying for the future of all public servants. Everyone who works in the public service or has family who do or actually cares about public services should contact all their local TDs and their Unions to demand an end to FEMPI. As well as the give away budget you can use the following links to show FEMPI has no justification anymore.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/ireland-to-be-eu-s-fastest-growing-economy-in-2016-1.2633205

https://www.esri.ie/category/irish-economy/

http://www.budget.gov.ie/Budgets/2016/Documents/Economic_Developments_and_Outlook_for_Ireland_pub.pdf

https://www.businessworld.ie/economy/Irish-economy-to-grow-by-4-9-in-2016-564030.html

Advertisement