Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P4 vs P7 Would the employers prefer one over the other

Options
  • 07-10-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I am choosing between P4 and P7 as my final

I was wondering would anyone know if employers have some preferences when it comes to ACCA final exams and ...offering you a job later on in your career:)

I am industry trained so having very little Audit experience and was thinking P7 would be suitable for me ...but then I thought I would ask

Please let me know yur thoughts on the subject

Thank you A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

No difference. Once your qualified your qualified. Nobody will care what exam you got or if your got 50% or 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭annaP79

thank you

that's what I was thinking

if anyone is of different opinion please share your views

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

You should choose the exam that you would be most interested in sitting as I believe that is half the battle in passing the exams.

I'm currently studying P4 for the December sitting, so if there is anything you would like to know about the course content etc, I would be happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

You should choose the exam that you would be most interested in sitting as I believe that is half the battle in passing the exams.

I'm currently studying P4 for the December sitting, so if there is anything you would like to know about the course content etc, I would be happy to help.

Sorry to hijack but doing P7 this term and was thinking of P4 as my last for March.

Just wondering how ur finding it, tricky or okay? Is there much computation or decent mix of theory & figures? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

D33 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but doing P7 this term and was thinking of P4 as my last for March.

Just wondering how ur finding it, tricky or okay? Is there much computation or decent mix of theory & figures? Cheers

There is a nice mix of theory and figures in P4 and unlike other papers, there are quite a few good marks available for number crunching.

• Advertisement
Advertisement