Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litir Sentences

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod note: Hi, sryanbruen. I've moved your thread from Teach na nGealt. That forum is for chatting in Irish. This is the forum you want for questions about the language/translations/grammar/dialects, etc. :)/mod

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

An File wrote: »
    Mod note: Hi, sryanbruen. I've moved your thread from Teach na nGealt. That forum is for chatting in Irish. This is the forum you want for questions about the language/translations/grammar/dialects, etc. :)/mod

Thank you, I wasn't sure which forum to post in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

sryanbruen wrote: »
    How do you say, "I will be very happy if you come"

Beidh mé an-shona.....(if you come :confused:)?

"Beidh an-áthas orm má thagann tú".
    "Beidh mé an-sásta má thagann tú."

As always,wait for better answers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Ma tiocfidh tú, beidh sin iontach. Basically means if you come it would be great, check the spelling though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Rorok wrote: »
    Ma tiocfidh tú, beidh sin iontach. Basically means if you come it would be great, check the spelling though

Yeah the correct spelling would be, Má tiocfaidh tú, beidh sin iontach. Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah the correct spelling would be, Má tiocfaidh tú, beidh sin iontach. Thank you :)

"Má thagann tú"

Advertisement