Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 4g on id mobile on oneplus one.

Options
  • 06-10-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi . The only way I get 4g working on my one plus one on id mobile is to stick a 3 simcard in my phone first then stick in my id sim . as soon as I go out of coverage im back to square one. I've checked all the APN settings and sim tools also I've tried a new sim.
    Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this,
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Dunc32 wrote: »
    Hi . The only way I get 4g working on my one plus one on id mobile is to stick a 3 simcard in my phone first then stick in my id sim . as soon as I go out of coverage im back to square one. I've checked all the APN settings and sim tools also I've tried a new sim.
    Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this,
    Thanks in advance.

The LTE band idmobile uses (band 20 - 800MHZ) is not supported on the OnePlus one.

Apparently that's a hardware issue so it can't be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dunc32

thomasj wrote: »
    The LTE band idmobile uses (band 20 - 800MHZ) is not supported on the OnePlus one.

Apparently that's a hardware issue so it can't be fixed.

OK thanks . But how come it works after I put in a 3 simcard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,636 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

3 use frequency 1800mhz as well as 800mhz

john4321 wrote: »
    3 use frequency 1800mhz as well as 800mhz

But the id mobile works if I put a 3 sim in my phone for a minute then put back in the id sim . it will keep working as long as I'm in coverage . Then I have to put in the 3 sim again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭leche solara

According to the ID Mobile site they only use the 800 band http://www.idmobile.ie/company-information/ethos-mission-history

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Metroboulot

Three now seem to mostly use 800Mhz (band 20) - it offers much better coverage than the higher frequencies so it's preferred.

Three now seem to mostly use 800Mhz (band 20) - it offers much better coverage than the higher frequencies so it's preferred.

Sry for been a pleb here but if my phone doesnt support band 20 why did it work when I signed up and why does it work after I put a 3 sim in it for a few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Metroboulot

Dunc32 wrote: »
    Sry for been a pleb here but if my phone doesnt support band 20 why did it work when I signed up and why does it work after I put a 3 sim in it for a few mins

Because they may have 1800MHz cells in some areas, 800MHz in others.

Your phone isn't able to support both, i.e. isn't fully compatible with Irish networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 minty8200

I've no 4g on my iPhone 5s

What's the story. It's a joke.

Actually ID MOBILE is such a car crash I'm going to port out. Only good for cheep phones. And hardly independent advice.

Some of the problems I'm having

1) You can't send or recieve MMS on this network but no one told me that.
    2) No 4G access if your on an iPhone, no one told me that when I signed.
    3) SMS messages delayed coming in by a day or a week and the solution is apparently to delete what's app, nothing to do with it.

Oh coverage is crap too. I live in Dublin but it still crap. Amount of calls dropping is unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've very good 4g around Shannon and Limerick on my oneplus one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

minty8200 wrote: »
    Actually ID MOBILE is such a car crash I'm going to port out. Only good for cheep phones. And hardly independent advice.

Some of the problems I'm having

1) You can't send or recieve MMS on this network but no one told me that.
    2) No 4G access if your on an iPhone, no one told me that when I signed.
    3) SMS messages delayed coming in by a day or a week and the solution is apparently to delete what's app, nothing to do with it.

Oh coverage is crap too. I live in Dublin but it still crap. Amount of calls dropping is unbelievable

Why would anyone want MMS in this day and age?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

minty8200 wrote:
    1) You can't send or recieve MMS on this network but no one told me that. 2) No 4G access if your on an iPhone, no one told me that when I signed. 3) SMS messages delayed coming in by a day or a week and the solution is apparently to delete what's app, nothing to do with it.

Not sure why you're posting problems about an iphone on an Android forum.
    The issue of the iphone 5(not sure about 5s) and some cheap Chinese android phones not supporting Band 20 is well known. (band 20 is why European countries no longer have analogue tv, the EU freed that frequency for 4G across every European country, instead European broadcasters moved to digital tv on a different frequency - saorview in Ireland )
    So, yes if you can't pick up 4g on 800Mhz, then you will have problems with a network using that frequency. That includes for mms and texts.
    The problem is your phone is not tailored to European markets - not the network.

Hi
    Didn't know it was android only. First time using boards. Is there anything I can do about the band 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hi
    Didn't know it was android only. First time using boards. Is there anything I can do about the band 20

Yes, buy a different phone

minty8200 wrote:
    Is there anything I can do about the band 20

I checked the website of idmobile for their 2g and 3g frequencies, but no better off as their site is not very.... extensive.

But with other providers like Tescomobile, on an Android, you can change the network you are targeting between 2g, 3g and 4g. So, if for example i didn't have band 20, that would be my first move.

Some may think its crazy to change to 2g on a smartphone, but if I'm in a rural area, the 4g (or even the 3g) reception might be so bad, you can just get 2g. In addition, 2g is less battery draining as the phone does less work to pick up a signal - and i can still receive instant messages through viber, Hangouts or whatsapp.

well they have already told me to delete what's app and viber as that was there reason for my SMS messages being delayed days in arriving.

well they have already told me to delete what's app and viber as that was there reason for my SMS messages being delayed days in arriving.

Seriously?
    That makes no sense, they are not directly connected.
    SMS is sent over phone network only.
    Whatsapp, Hangouts, skype, viber are instant messages(IM) sent over the Internet (via wi-fi or 2g/3g/4g).

No, i doubt it. If they had said to put your left arm in the air and dance around on one foot, it would have had as much of an impact in my opinion!

If you arent getting sms, i would say its because either you're not getting any phone signal OR you're not registered with iMessage or whatever Apple call it. But you need to try the Apple forum, as we wouldn't know here on the Android forum - we'd only be guessing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 mankydogg

Have elephone p9000 on ID mobile, 4g will only work if I go into mobile networks- network operators and manually select ID 4g, will connect to it automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

just moved to ID mobile, with a new Samsung galaxy s7, and also noticing that some SMS messages are being delivered late. On one occasion, almost 6 hours late, and on another occasion one text arrived 15 minutes after another despite been sent before the other, both from same phone.

Given that its a S7 supplied by ID themselves, I doubt its due to any issue with supported frequencies on the phone. Anyone else experiencing SMS delays recently on ID or know of a solution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its iDs network, its horrendously under resourced. There is such a thing as too cheap.

If on time delivery is something you care about, spend a few euro more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yes tbh lads Meteor are doing just as good deals right now with 15gb data etc for 20 bills a month.

ID isnt worth it and the network is throughly under resourced living off Three and O2s under resourced networks.

Wouldnt bother with them myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

listermint wrote: »
    Yes tbh lads Meteor are doing just as good deals right now with 15gb data etc for 20 bills a month.

ID isnt worth it and the network is throughly under resourced living off Three and O2s under resourced networks.

Wouldnt bother with them myself.

What plan is that? I can only see it at €30 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

ED E wrote: »
    Its iDs network, its horrendously under resourced. There is such a thing as too cheap.

If on time delivery is something you care about, spend a few euro more.

thanks, thats a helpful answer...NOT! BTW I'm spending just as much with ID as I did with VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What plan is that? I can only see it at €30 a month.

Cant recall its instore massive promotion at the moment. 4G included

Advertisement