Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Package Challenge

Options
  • 06-10-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Here's one for anyone interested.

A group of 8/10 of us are looking to go skiing from Dublin or Belfast to anywhere really - we are flexible on dates as long as its 2016. The only thing is we have set a budget of €800 pp (but I'd say there's some wiggle room). This might seem like enough but the group have requested some perks (see below). Does anyone think this is achievable?

Catered Chalet
    Hot tub if possible
    Ski School
    Ski in Ski Out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Here's one for anyone interested.

A group of 8/10 of us are looking to go skiing from Dublin or Belfast to anywhere really - we are flexible on dates as long as its 2016. The only thing is we have set a budget of €800 pp (but I'd say there's some wiggle room). This might seem like enough but the group have requested some perks (see below). Does anyone think this is achievable?

Catered Chalet
    Hot tub if possible
    Ski School
    Ski in Ski Out

UCPA can tick all them boxes except the hot tub ha, also it's for under 45s ("youth" group)! I've just booked early Jan in Chamonix for 760 all in flying from Belfast, could have got cheaper but we were stuck with the 1st week of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Timmaay wrote: »
    UCPA can tick all them boxes except the hot tub ha, also it's for under 45s ("youth" group)! I've just booked early Jan in Chamonix for 760 all in flying from Belfast, could have got cheaper but we were stuck with the 1st week of Jan.

Thanks

Is that 760 euro?

Thanks

Is that 760 euro?

Yep. Actually Chamonix certainly wouldn't be ski in ski out ha, but alot of the other UCPA locations are.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Timmaay wrote: »
    Yep. Actually Chamonix certainly wouldn't be ski in ski out ha, but alot of the other UCPA locations are.

Contacted them - they aren't offering any flights with their packages at th eminute they say! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

Have a look at booking your own flights and then doing the rest with UCPA. Otherwise I would find it hard to see where you're going to get the list above for €800....!

• Advertisement

DoraDelite wrote: »
    Have a look at booking your own flights and then doing the rest with UCPA. Otherwise I would find it hard to see where you're going to get the list above for €800....!

+1, flights are about 5mins work to book! But if you really really really want an all in ski package, the ski centre in Sandyford have what looks like a good deal for 1100e to Italy in Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

How strict are UPCA regarding age, we will have a 17 year old and a 40 year old in our group this year ?

How strict are UPCA regarding age, we will have a 17 year old and a 40 year old in our group this year ?

Action outdoors have upped the age limit to 45 anyways, but have heard of older getting in no problems anyways (some put a different DOB, others didn't both and nobody said anything), not sure about the lower age, could well be issues with minors etc. I can't remember if they checked my passport or not last yr, that would be my main concern if there "happened" to be a mistake in an age ha.

Advertisement