Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish TV Adverts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I must say the other week I saw an advert on TV about that Liberté yoghurt and I thought I must try some of that to see if i like it. So the mrs boughts some today and I tried it this evening ..... it was sh!te :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The Energia ad with the fluffy yoke about to get pecked to death by all the crows is a bit creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I saw an ad for Aviva and it reminded me I needed to get a few cans in for the match last Sunday

The Energia ad with the fluffy yoke about to get pecked to death by all the crows is a bit creepy.

So it wouldnt make you switch to energia then? - mind you how would an advert like that make anyone change suppliers to energia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Don't renew unless it's BLUE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

that new eircom (eir) advert would turn me away from getting there service :D:D:D:D. was grand the first few times i saw it but its getting repeditive now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

That eirsquiggle ad reminded me we've got some pretty amazing singing talent and might have to purchase this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

That "Where's Grandad!" One...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

'If you're single, or even if you're not'

Gets me every time

PTH2009 wrote: »
    that new eircom (eir) advert would turn me away from getting there service :D:D:D:D. was grand the first few times i saw it but its getting repeditive now

FFS, are you reading my mind and posting the opposite while I'm searching for the utube clip. Getting paranoid, like the opposite of déjà vue tonight

• Advertisement

so you know this spout the marketeers come up with like "ya, all advertising is good advertising " and stuff like "even if it is a bad advert its got everyone talking!" - well yeah but how is getting everyone talking but not buying the product or using the service is any good to the people advertising?? - I never get that. If i was to advertise a product or a service I would like people to dig deep into their wallets and buy the products or use the services I am offering I dont want to be paying thousands for people to go down the pub or come on these social networking sites to say how Sh!te my advert is! lol

wil wrote: »
    That eirsquiggle ad reminded me we've got some pretty amazing singing talent and might have to purchase this

OK so that advert might turn some people to download that song and buy it off i-tunes or something .... but switch phone providers to eir???? - me think not .. what a waste of thousands of euro on that advert!

The Guinness adverts are normally quite good - but would I buy a Guinness next time im in pub because some welsh rugby player come out of the closet? - (he is welsh is he?)

Just seen advert for McDonells Curry Chips - might go out and buy some of that because I like the advert with the eejit going around saying "its all so, all so ... meh!" - haha

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Any more ad reviews there Andy?

so you know this spout the marketeers come up with like "ya, all advertising is good advertising " and stuff like "even if it is a bad advert its got everyone talking!" - well yeah but how is getting everyone talking but not buying the product or using the service is any good to the people advertising?? - I never get that. If i was to advertise a product or a service I would like people to dig deep into their wallets and buy the products or use the services I am offering I dont want to be paying thousands for people to go down the pub or come on these social networking sites to say how Sh!te my advert is! lol
    I'm kind of with you on this, in that most advertising is wasted on me, but the world seems to be mostly made up of people who aren't me, so the non mes have a significantly much greater say in such matters.

And as another more cleverer man once said "The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

This advert makes me want to do serious harm to this guy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Rachel and Steve from Bank of Ireland need to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

The CHILL insurance ads are ones that make me switch channels until they are over, and when I need insurance I won't be going anywhere near them!!

G_R wrote: »

Do you mean Steve and Rachel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I can't remember when I last watched an advert on TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

This radio ad (UK version, but it's on Newstalk non stop) is the most beautiful song Enya never recorded. It really makes me want to buy pallet trucks, kick steps and cantilever racking:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I bought a McMor because the advert made it sound delicious.

It wasn't wrong either, it was ****ing gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Just seen advert for McDonells Curry Chips - might go out and buy some of that because I like the advert with the eejit going around saying "its all so, all so ... meh!" - haha
    I'll probably buy the McDonnell's Thai curry, but it's only in spite of the ad. The ad let me know that the product exists; job done!. But then they have to mess it up.

"Add it to chicken for chicken curry and to chips for chips curry!". Nobody says 'chips curry'!

And the Thai version: "Thai red curry aaand...Thai curry green!!". Why displace the position of the colour? Thai curry green sounds stupid, especially a second after saying the more natural 'Thai red curry'.

It's like they are saying "We have a great product here, but we are willing to see how far we can push you with annoying ads so that you won't buy it".

(I like curry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

That 'Lidl Local' guy. I'd love to hit him over the head with that turnip of his. Turnip hitting a turnip! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That tool in the AIG ads makes me want to burn the world. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

G_R wrote: »
    You know that AIB ad where the young lad throws a ball into the yard to suss out the neighbour, Oh how I wish it was Rachel and Steve who lived there.

eamonnq wrote: »
    The CHILL insurance ads are ones that make me switch channels until they are over, and when I need insurance I won't be going anywhere near them!!

Funny the ones that really get my Feckin goat are the Alliance insurance ones. Where all you have to do is Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Try having a claim with them. FFS their small print has small print. They pissed me off so much that I just kept writing and e-mailing figuring that they would spend as much answering as they would on the claim.

They settled in the end, but they're still a bunch of cnuts and no amount of advertising will ever put the sh1t back in the donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Funny the ones that really get my Feckin goat are the Alliance insurance ones. Where all you have to do is Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Try having a claim with them. FFS their small print has small print. They pissed me off so much that I just kept writing and e-mailing figuring that they would spend as much answering as they would on the claim.

They settled in the end, but they're still a bunch of cnuts and no amount of advertising will ever put the sh1t back in the donkey.

"Ahhhhhh, I didn't see that when I signed the contract."

"Ahhhhhh, seriously lads! Pay me me what I'm due!!"

"Ahhhhhh, I think I'd better come down to your office, with a sawn-off shot-gun".

;)

• Advertisement

This advert makes me want to do serious harm to this guy.

I love that Ad - and Im gonna try some...

Advertisement