Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gear list request - to send live video to youtube?

Options
  • 05-10-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have been asked to put together a list of gear to buy for video interviews/ promo's and short clips that can be streamed straight to youtube either through a laptop or without a laptop by a non technical company. Basically a reasonably good quality video that looks reasonably professional that can be streamed to youtube.

The quality requirements will be just that "it should look good on youtube".

The budget is maximum 3000 euro for a complete kit including camera, lens, lighting, and whatever streaming/ encoders are needed. Preferably all in for 2500 euro if possible.

I'd really appreciate some guidance to avoid mistakes. The most important thing is that it just works and is easy to work as it won't be run by people with video knowledge.

What I am thinking of is:

Panasonic GH3 - very good quality, light (so no heavy duty tripod needed) and cheap.
    20mm f1.7 lens - pancake lens, great quality, good depth of field control for blurred backgrounds, not too expensive.
    2 x LED lights - preferably no really bad green fluorescent colour casts etc although this won't be a big issue.
    A basic light stand for the two LED lights
    A reasonable quality tripod for the camera
    Some method to send the video and audio to a laptop then stream to youtube. Or to omit the laptop from the streaming setup - I looked at Teradek VidiU as a streamer but I don't know enough to know if it will just work reliably.
    A microphone - maybe a rode video mic. Whatever system I recommend will have to be pretty much set and forget with no tweaking needed for it to work.

Hopefully someone can let me know if I am way off the mark or if the above could work. You can take it that there will be wifi or ethernet available at the locations they want to stream from.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Steve

Advertisement