Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Clothes

Options
  • 05-10-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Im getting my little fella christened next month when he'll be 15 weeks. Im stuggling to find places that sell christening clothes, so far just Arnotts and Freckles are the only places I know of. Anyone have recommendations of others places to try for kind of traditional boys christening outfits? I'm not looking for a gown but a white outfit of some description for the ceremony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Dobbit wrote: »
    Im getting my little fella christened next month when he'll be 15 weeks. Im stuggling to find places that sell christening clothes, so far just Arnotts and Freckles are the only places I know of. Anyone have recommendations of others places to try for kind of traditional boys christening outfits? I'm not looking for a gown but a white outfit of some description for the ceremony.

Baby elegance have some, so do debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭otwb1

+1 on baby elegance in Dundrum. We got a white linen trouser and jacket outfit. they also have traditional gowns which are plain enough for boys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Marks and Spencer had lovely outfits too. And Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got a traditional christening gown from baby elegance and matching shawl. There are a few country shops (that sell online too) that sell the baby elegance gear.
    My boy was a bruiser, he didn't fit into our family gown!! But they do dungarees and a shirt combo! Also try guineys, littlewoods and mamas and papas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Millem wrote: »
    I got a traditional christening gown from baby elegance and matching shawl. There are a few country shops (that sell online too) that sell the baby elegance gear.
    My boy was a bruiser, he didn't fit into our family gown!! But they do dungarees and a shirt combo! Also try guineys, littlewoods and mamas and papas ;)
    +1 on guineys. I didn't get my daughter christened until she was 1 and only place I could find white shoes to go with a dress was here.
    Think I got the dress in freckles very decent prices and lots of choice.
    There's a place in tallaght village also that does christening and communion wear. In where aib and leisureplex are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement