Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

casuals....

Options
  • 03-10-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

So what do we regard as a casual?

Last year was the first year i followed it all year and got great enjoyment (mostly heartbreak)from it. The highs and lows of the whole season was truly immense......I will continue, but the "casuals" term gets bandied about alot! Do we regard casuals as those who wont finish the season out? Or are we talking about lads like me who refuse to get big hitters all the time ......ie aguero (what a bad bad bad decision)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Casuals are those who approach the game in a casual manner and not us weirdos who ponder over form and fixtures and analysing underlying stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm not sure what the exact definition is but I know we hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Anyone who logs in on a Friday night or Saturday morning and doesn't mind missing out on transfers and captain choices due to hangovers and the likes would be a casual player.

I used to be a casual.

Peaceful times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

AdMMM wrote: »
    Anyone who logs in on a Friday night or Saturday morning and doesn't mind missing out on transfers and captain choices due to hangovers and the likes would be a casual player.

I used to be a casual.

Peaceful times.

I find myself sometimes...sticking by my gut, so making (somtimes rash and silly) decisions midweek and sticking to them on purpose. I will not miss a captain choice, and if i do ill be pissed!!!

Happened me once last year as i was at a wedding and herself went mad at me for taking out the phone to make sure hahahaha at the time it worked out well as i had it on di maria and it was the one time he got a small points haul.

So i dont have to call myself a casual thanks guys hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Players who just look at the overall points and bring in whoever is top of the pile regardless of fixtures/rotation risk etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Players who just look at the overall points and bring in whoever is top of the pile regardless of fixtures/rotation risk etc. etc.

And that's been working out for them unfortunately

Advertisement