Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message from Stephen Brady

Options
  • 02-10-2015 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Stephen Brady, current joint Irish Champion, has posted a balanced piece on the upcoming AGM, explaining why he won't be voting for the current exec and urging all ICU members to cast their vote in favour of John McMorrow and his team.

Stephen's full message is here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ballynafeigh Chess

An excellent well thought out letter, lets hope it finds many a retina

• Registered Users Posts: 19 NubieOne

When I started posting on this site, I was slightly against the current ICU committee because of the non rating of the Galway Rapid Play but I was open to being convinced of the error of my ways since I'm relatively new to the Chess scene.

However, the more I have learned in the past few months, the more I am entrenched in more of an "anti" Pat Fitzsimon's camp rather than a "pro" John McMorrow camp. I know this is a sad situation but after reading the message from Stephen Brady, I feel a little less sad. It's time for a new executive committee and Mr. Brady has explained why better than anyone else I have read so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Philip Short, who shared the Irish title with Stephen this year, has also spoken out against the current committee - see attached letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Philip Short - Irish Champion and one of Ireland's strongest and most respected players - has written a letter urging change in the ICU executive. Read the letter here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Message was already shared here, so I've merged the threads

• Advertisement
Advertisement