Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feeding time and amount.

Options
  • 02-10-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

My little one is 7 month on Thursday.
    She's a really good baby and kind of settled herself into a routine from early on.
    Right now she's having a bottle every 4 hours and bits and bobs of food. Our day is usually
    8:30am Bottle
    9:30am porridge/ toast maybe some egg
    10-10:30 nap until 12./12:30
    12:00/12:30 Bottle
    1:00 Whatever's going for lunch I'll give her to feed herself cucumber sticks carrot sticks some fruit.
    2/2:30 nap
    4/4:30 bottle. Some fruit few grapes/banana/orange. Some yogurt/cheese maybe liga/rusk/ricecake.
    6pm bits of our dinner veg bits of meat or fish some mash
    7/8 bottle
    8:30 bed.
    Just wondering if this is enough food or should I be giving actual meals.
    She's doing great with feeding herself and was happily sucking on a piece of steak a week ago.
    I feed her things like mash, porridge, soup.
    Bear in mind she was weaned at 4 months as recommended by baby nurse
    Just wondering if she's getting enough.
    Should I make more food for her or leave her to it.
    I'm on slimming world so no butter added and I separate hers before salt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Sounds like she is doing great. If she's happy go with it. Is she crying looking for more food or how is she sleeping? I'm no expert and my 8 month old hasn't really eaten for days so what do I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Sounds like she is doing great. If she's happy go with it. Is she crying looking for more food or how is she sleeping? I'm no expert and my 8 month old hasn't really eaten for days so what do I know!!

She really likes food so would finish a bowl of porridge and cry for more because she eats really fast.
    I'll give her something like a carrot stick to chew on and if she's still looking after nibbling I'll give her more.
    Lime she wouldn't eat a full carrot stick she'll get a lump off though.
    It's not strictly baby led weaning but kind of.

I don't think they're meant to get much in at this stage but sometimes I worry I'm not giving her enough as I don't consciously make meals for her apart from breakfast we just all share bits and bobs with her.

She's growing and healthy so suppose she's grand.

Just want to make sure I'm doing it right I suppose :)

I have a 4 year old and as far as I can remember I made a lot of purées as I was nervous about choking but now she's a bit odd with textures so this one gets everything.

She really likes food so would finish a bowl of porridge and cry for more because she eats really fast.
    I'll give her something like a carrot stick to chew on and if she's still looking after nibbling I'll give her more.

I don't think they're meant to get much in at this stage but sometimes I worry I'm not giving her enough as I don't consciously make meals for her apart from breakfast we just all share bits and bobs with her.

I have a 4 year old and as far as I can remember I made a lot of purées as I was nervous about choking but now she's a bit odd with textures so this one gets everything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement