Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting for security job

Options
  • 02-10-2015 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi I was down my local solas office about getting on a security course and they were going to send me on the official psv course. It was all going well until they asked do I have any convections. I have a small one dating back 2 years ago drunk and dis orderly. I told her that and now she doesn't want me to do the course and I was wondering is that something that would stop me from getting into the security sector. I went to my local garda station and the guard couldn't tell me so he gave me the number for the garda vetting unit and they were no help at all. So is there anyone out there that could explain to me how serious a conviction had to be not to get a job in this sector. I don't want to waste time or money going on this if Iam going to be turned down every time over a small convection. Any help would be great as I haven't much time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Your best bet would be to contact a potential employer in the security industry and run it by them - most industries set their own rules about what is/is not acceptable in terms of criminal records. Alternatively if there's a national body that represents or licences security type companies they may have guidelines they issue on what is/is not acceptable.

Advertisement