Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

Options
  • 02-10-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I just started a job a month ago and today is suppose to be pay day . I get a call on Wednesday from staff saying my bank details were wrong so I immediately gave them new account details straight away.
    I have still not been paid and they said i may have to wait until next month for it.

Is that right ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

So they were given the wrong bank details?

Payroll in most businesses are standardised on weekly/fortnightly/monthly payments, if you gave the wrong details you may have to wait for the next payroll rota.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Did they say WHY the bank details were wrong? I presume you provided them with your details at start up so how could they be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any reasonable HR / Finance team will enter the new details and do a bank transfer to the new correct account within a few days.

I suggest speaking to them.

It is unreasonable to ask an employee to wait another month even if the account details are correct or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭3DataModem

did you give them wrong bank details originally? If so then Wednesday is prob far too late to correct them before payroll is done.

Whether they should make you wait a whole month is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

I'd imagine they could arrange a cash advance and deduct it from your next paycheque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

bonyn wrote: »
    I'd imagine they could arrange a cash advance and deduct it from your next paycheque.

I work in payroll and this is what I would do in this instance. It's not fair for anyone to have to wait another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Have you actually tried talking to accounts / HR?

Pretty straight forward...

Advertisement