Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue registered me for vat

Options
  • 02-10-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi quick question revenue are currently doing an audit of my 2013 tax return. Ive heard nothing back yet except a notification they have registered me for vat. Its being 2 weeks since I had meeting with auditor. Reading between lines is this a good or bad sign?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Hi quick question revenue are currently doing an audit of my 2013 tax return. Ive heard nothing back yet except a notification they have registered me for vat. Its being 2 weeks since I had meeting with auditor. Reading between lines is this a good or bad sign?

Not likely to be good - it may suggest they reckon you owe a chunk of VAT. Did/do you have an accountant?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Yes have an accountant but cant get in touch with him this evening to get his opinion. The start date for vat reg is sept 2015. 2014 accounts not filed yet.

Advertisement