Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying ties online

Options
  • 02-10-2015 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hi, I could do with a few new ties but a good tie is bloody expensive. Am a big fan of TM Lewin and Ted Baker ties.

Anyone ever buy any online or have any advice or recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Luxeswap - eBay seller. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Ties-/15662/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=10&_ssn=balearic1

You'll pick up high end, top quality, hand made ties for a tenth of the price. They are pre-owned / thrifted, but this is a different level from your average second hand store. They are as new. I've bought about 20 or 30 of them over the years and never been let down.

OK, you have to bid on them but he puts up new ties every week and you'll always pick up something if you bid late! Sunday night is when the auctions end each week. I've gotten Armani, Brooks Bros, Zegna, Barbera, and Polo RL ties for about a tenner (tip: sign up with Styleforum and you'll get a 50% shipping discount). You'll find the likes of Brioni, Charvet, Liberty, Canali, and a whole load of vintage and handmade ties. Always check the length though, some of the older ties can be much shorter. Depending on your height, anything from about 58" - 60" will be an average length.

You'll never buy a Ted Baker or TM Lewin tie again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Luxeswap - eBay seller. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Ties-/15662/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=10&_ssn=balearic1

You'll pick up high end, top quality, hand made ties for a tenth of the price. They are pre-owned / thrifted, but this is a different level from your average second hand store. They are as new. I've bought about 20 or 30 of them over the years and never been let down.

OK, you have to bid on them but he puts up new ties every week and you'll always pick up something if you bid late! Sunday night is when the auctions end each week.

You'll never buy a Ted Baker or TM Lewin tie again.

Wow thanks, will check that out. I'll try not to bid against you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

That's always the problem - you'll be watching a tie all week that has no bids, all of a sudden there's a load of bids and you lose out!

Advertisement