Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's our Barry

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

During today’s 12-minute address, President Obama referred to himself 28 times.

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=38185&from=allstories

Only 28? My, he's becoming more humble the older he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,864 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

because the number of times he refers to himself was really the most salient ****ing point of that 12 minutes.

cop on.

Overheal wrote: »
    because the number of times he refers to himself was really the most salient ****ing point of that 12 minutes.

cop on.

Poppycock.

I turned it off as soon as it became apparent he was just using this tragedy as yet another exploitative forum to push his gun control agenda.

Mr President, perhaps you need to look at what happened over the weekend in your hometown of Chicago, where more than 50 people were shot, and where it is illegal to own a handgun, and oh, by the way.... has the highest murder rate in the country.

Then you didn't hear what he said, and have no room to talk about it.

Overheal wrote: »
    Then you didn't hear what he said, and have no room to talk about it.

I heard enough of it to make a valid salient ****ing point. ;)

• Advertisement

^ that Chicago is 'gun free', etc?

The POTUS also mentioned that it is not up to the White House to distribute facts and figures about the gun situation in the United States, it is up to the Congress which routinely blocks motions to discover relevant data with which to make informed legislative decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There doesn't seem to much of a point in the Opening post, plus we expect a bit more opinion in a thread so closed. PM me if you want to add more to the OP.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement