Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick downrate question

Options
  • 01-10-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I have got a downrate plate from SVTECH in the UK.
    Do I need to fill in some kind of form with Shannon like a change of particulars form? Or just get the DOE and then tax as normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Saruman wrote: »
    I have got a downrate plate from SVTECH in the UK.
    Do I need to fill in some kind of form with Shannon like a change of particulars form? Or just get the DOE and then tax as normal?

First you should fix the plate to the vehicle, the correct way to fix it is partly over the plate it's replacing so that it will be obvious that it is a later plate.

Have a look HERE and HERE at the end of each manual you will find a Modifications Report (not sure which one you need to use, the LGV one or the HGV one) which gives all the instructions. SVtech will be the SQI (Suitably Qualified Individual), you might need to send them a copy for them to sign before you go the your local VTN centre.

There is a huge amount of stuff which is not relevant but you will find the section you need which deals with revised weights.

AFAIK there is no procedure in place at the Motor Taxation Office in Shannon to have the National Driver and Vehicle File updated with the new data a revised Vehicle Registration Certificate (log book) issued showing the information.

Please keep us updated with how things go, and the best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Great thanks

Advertisement