Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix just lost loads of Shows

Options
  • 01-10-2015 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice the amount of shows that have recently been removed from Netflix?

I watch the US version, but I presume it's for all regions?

There's 4 shows that I was currently watching that have all been removed.

The West Wing
    Parks and Recreation
    Louie
    It's Always Sunny....

Very annoying.

Making me question my subscription.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

it is bloody annoying when they remove shows or some seasons when you are in the middle of watching them. It would be nice if they actually tell you first.
    Ie, add it to the episode summery that this season will be no longer available after 31/11.2015 or similer,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Anyone else notice the amount of shows that have recently been removed from Netflix?

I watch the US version, but I presume it's for all regions?

There's 4 shows that I was currently watching that have all been removed.

The West Wing
    Parks and Recreation
    Louie
    It's Always Sunny....

Very annoying.

Making me question my subscription.

It's always sunny is definitely still there on Irish Netflix. West Wing, Louie and Parks and Rec are all still on US Netflix, not sure where you're looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Extremely annoying, was right in the middle of the US office. It's Always Sunny is definitely still there though, at least that's some consolation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

maconof wrote: »
    Extremely annoying, was right in the middle of the US office. It's Always Sunny is definitely still there though, at least that's some consolation!

The four shows OP has listed are all still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

It happens every month, they have to drop old stuff to make room on the servers for new stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Kev W wrote: »
    It happens every month, they have to drop old stuff to make room on the servers for new stuff.

Not at all. It's not to make room, it's because sometimes they don't continue with the license for the content. They determine the amount of users watching that specific content, and the cost of having to license it again for another year or longer.

Sometimes it's not worth it for them, especially if the distributors are looking for more money this time around. Netflix have to show their not afraid of removing content from their service, otherwise distributors would have them by the balls everytime their licenses is up for renegotiating.

The distributors should realize, that if a person is paying for Netflix and suddenly can't get some episodes of a show any more, they will simply pirate them. Netflix is really the only combat for pirating, and if it's not there, what do they expect is going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

It's always sunny is definitely still there on Irish Netflix. West Wing, Louie and Parks and Rec are all still on US Netflix, not sure where you're looking.

That's weird.

They've all disappeared from my Recently Watched menu and weren't showing up on the search.

I'll have to check again this evening in case I'm just being a [EMAIL="dumb@ss"]dumb@ss[/EMAIL].

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

The four shows OP has listed are all still there.

Strange, only It's Always Sunny remains on the Irish one as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Louie, Parks, and West Wing aren't on mine (Irish), though I don't ever remember seeing Louie on it, just the stand up show from the Beacon theatre.

They are moving towards more "original content" type shows, so perhaps the older / HBO-type shows just won't be there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

This wrecks my head when they do this. I understand the reasoning and the logic by dropping some shows they can take on new one but give some warning at least. They produce a list of what is coming up and new to Netflix why not one showing what will be leaving, as other have said it just leads to people pirating, especially if half way through a show, whatever about just think of watching sometime in future.

• Advertisement

Just did a bit of a search online and found this site

http://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/complete-list-of-titles-expiring-from-netflix-us-in-october-2015/

It's US netflix but Fcuk Me they are losing a lot of titles this month!

That's weird.

They've all disappeared from my Recently Watched menu and weren't showing up on the search.

I'll have to check again this evening in case I'm just being a [EMAIL="dumb@ss"]dumb@ss[/EMAIL].

Ok, turned out I was being a dumb@ass.
    They're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I was really enjoying the US Office, can't believe it's just disappeared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    I was really enjoying the US Office, can't believe it's just disappeared!

It hasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hi all, I live in Spain and Netflix is coming soon, is there any way to check the catalogue before signing up ?

I checked the "Loads to watch" link but its just a mosaic of a load of tv shows in the background behind text, no mention of films ...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

Each country has its own catalog, which can vary from a little to a lot. But you have the option for one month free trial, so this gives you plenty of time to see what is there and decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I've been watching Fringe lately. In Italy at the moment and don't see it as an option. Is it gone or is it just because I'm in Italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    I've been watching Fringe lately. In Italy at the moment and don't see it as an option. Is it gone or is it just because I'm in Italy?

All 5 seasons still on Netflix Ireland....just checked for you there now

Advertisement