Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance query

Options
  • 30-09-2015 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone,

I got my renewal notice for my car insurance yesterday. Ch!ll are the company I'm dealing with, and A R B are the actual underwriters. I was expecting an increase because I had a minor accident back in March where I bumped into the back of the car in front of me. My insurance has gone from €400 up to €1,853. There's a page within the proposal which informed me that over €22k has been paid out to the other party. This was news to me.

The accident took place in March, and it was a month later that an assessor came out to look at my car (there was no damage to my car, or the other - I took pictures at the scene). That was the last correspondence that I had with the actual insurance company and the engineers so I assumed everything was fine. I received a new policy document from Ch1ll in July, so I rang them to see what it related to. The lady I spoke to said that there were no notes or amendments and that as far as she could see, there was nothing noteworthy on my record.

I emailed Ch1ll today to complain about the lack of communication and the agent mentioned that the claim isn't actually settled and that my no claims bonus is reduced to two years, whereas the renewal document says I now have no no claims bonus. My policy isn't due for renewal until October 28th.

Are there any arguments I can put forward re the lack of communication? I would have assumed it was necessary to keep me informed.

Comments

Advertisement