Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a basic micro-scope

Options
  • 30-09-2015 2:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. My teacher gf is looking to buy a basic microscope for her class to show them things like veins in leafs, pollen etc. The school are strapped to the bollix and have no interest so she wants to buy it herself.

So do any of ye know where one could be bought for reasonable money. Not looking for anything fancy but would have to be of usable quality.

What sort of money would she be looking at for a basic entry level ms?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I'm sure she could find something on ebay that would be of use:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Microscopes-/48741/i.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lidl / Aldi have done a few microscopes over the years, stick a want ad on adverts.ie

you could look out for a USB microscope , all it means is it's got a web cam so the class can can look at on a laptop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

you could look out for a USB microscope , all it means is it's got a web cam so the class can can look at on a laptop

Quality would probably be sh!te. Webcams are nearly always rubbish quality images .

Advertisement