Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping knots?

Options
  • 30-09-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭

I have some red deal that needs painting with satinwood paint. The red deal is raw, its a repair job and needs to be painted to match the original wood and I am very sketchy on painting products. I am wondering if I sprayed it with a sealer suitable for use with a 2 pack paint would this work ok as I have a bit of red deal to spray with 2pack paint later and if the one product would do both I wouldn't have a bottle hanging around the workshop.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Not clear what you are asking. Is it to stop resin oozing out of live knots or advice on what paint to use. ? You can buy 'knot sealer' in any hardware shop - its a shellac, brushed on to seal the knot.Personally I'd drill it out and insert a wooden plug. Otherwise your paint supplier would advise you on the best primer to use.

Advertisement