Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music theory

Options
  • 29-09-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Not strictly arts and crafts, but if anyone would like to learn about Music Theory we have an introductory course starting next week. It's €150 for the 6 weeks but will give any Boardsies a 15% discount. Send me a PM if interested.

The course covers:

* Introduction to music theory and how it applies to different styles of music,
    * Written music - understanding notes and the stave,
    * Rhythm,
    * Melody and Harmony,
    * Tonality - key signatures, scales, intervals and chords,
    * Style and characteristics of different genres of music.

More info: http://blocktmusictheory.eventbrite.ie/

-Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Moved from arts & crafts forum, really doesn't fit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CodyLoder

I advise everyone to take at least some course in music theory if you plan to do it seriously. I myself, as a musician, did not want to delve into the theory for a long time, but over time I realized that without it I would be nowhere. Even the coolest rock musicians know the notes. Now, when jams are held in a local bar on Wednesdays, I feel as free as possible precisely because I know where what note is needed and what mood it will give!

Advertisement