Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin Peaks' Log Lady actress dies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

RIP... Was she meant to be appearing in the new episodes that are being filmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

RIP... Was she meant to be appearing in the new episodes that are being filmed?

Without a doubt....but even I can imagine David Lynch's tribute. The Log gets promoted.....more Log. And Pie. The log and the pie are brother and sister....backwards in Russian with tapdancing dwarfs in.

Oh, you poor kids that can't remember the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Great character, was looking forward to her in the new series, pity they didn't shoot it two years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I have the DVD's but never saw the original on TV. How did the log lady fit in? I know she was in the series but on the DVD you can play the episodes with or without the log lady introductions. So was it originally aired with the log lady intro's?

Total classic and the log lady just fitted in with the whole surreal series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

my3cents wrote: »
    I have the DVD's but never saw the original on TV. How did the log lady fit in? I know she was in the series but on the DVD you can play the episodes with or without the log lady introductions. So was it originally aired with the log lady intro's?

I don't recall any intros to the episodes when it aired on RTE back in the day. The Log Lady was just another character in the series, and most of the town thought she was crazy, but she had some connection to the overall plot and was able to give Cooper messages about the murder case.

I've been meaning to revisit the series on DVD, and especially now that I want to see those intros!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

my3cents wrote: »

Was on before episodes only when it was re run on a Bravo a US cable station a few years later not on original or international runs. I have Blu Rays (thoroughly recommend) and you can choose to have her intros, I don't, they are non essential to be honest, her part in show was fantastic though.

Wiki:

"When the series was syndicated to Bravo, Lynch created new Log Lady introductions for each episode ranging in length from under a minute to about three minutes."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't recall any intros to the episodes when it aired on RTE back in the day. The Log Lady was just another character in the series, and most of the town thought she was crazy, but she had some connection to the overall plot and was able to give Cooper messages about the murder case.

I've been meaning to revisit the series on DVD, and especially now that I want to see those intros!

I have the Gold Box set which has the Log Lady intro's. They are 42 seconds long except on the pilot which has a longer Log Lady intro of 1 min 18 seconds. Not a massive amount in the great scheme of things.

Advertisement