Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hong Kong watch shops

Options
  • 28-09-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭

Might be going over to Hong Kong soon.

I was wondering if any of the good folk on here would have recommendations for any watch shops or general areas with nice watch shops there for a bit of a browse and maybe a purchase.

I'll be on the lookout for a nice sinn 656, 756 maybe an old or new tudor, old IWC or something interesting on the vintage side of things.....also interested in one of those guigaro seikos.

Pre-owned not a problem at all as the budget would be limited-ish.....more really just for browsing purposes but would pick up a bargain if I seen it....also interested in tough outdoorsy g-shock/suunto/marathon type watch with tritium at a reasonable price if possible.....Yes I know I'd probably be better of bargain hunting on various fora or purchasing online but I like the old fashioned bricks and mortar way and it couldn't hurt to look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Was there 2 years ago and shop prices were quite high. Shoppers from the mainland have been driving up prices for quite some time. Discounts are also rare - you will be told that the discount is programmed onto the till and can't be improved. I spent quite a bit too much ×2 on a casio in one of the 'city watch' stores, they are everywhere BTW.

Lots of second hand shops but I have read that their are a lot of franken Rolexs (not all original or all Rolex parts) on sale in some of the shops. I regreted not getting the chance to visit some of the seiko boutiques while I was there. Can't remember any adresses but they are all on the Web.

Advertisement