Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holidays At Christmas

Options
  • 28-09-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi Everyone.

Just a quick question, as St Stephens day (Boxing day) falls on the Saturday this year, Is Monday the 28th of December treated as a bank holiday?

thanks

Jonnybangbang.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Yes it is Johnny gang bang.

Anything planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Thanks whatawaster. Nothing planned. Just booking time off work and I was wondering how many days holidays I needed to account for.

JonnyBangbang :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's up to your employer if they give you the Monday off. I'd say most do, but there are other options open to them (link).
    Public holidays falling on a weekend

Where a public holiday falls on a weekend, you do not have any automatic legal entitlement to have the next working day off work. This occurred in 2013 when St Patrick's Day (17 March) fell on a Sunday. This meant that Monday 18 March 2013 was not a public holiday. Your employer can require you to attend work on those days. When this happens you are entitled to one of the following:

A paid day off within a month of the public holiday
    An additional day of annual leave
    An additional day's pay

Advertisement