Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building in a Rookery

Options
  • 28-09-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Thought this would be the best place to ask.
    I know someone interested in putchasing a site in a woodland locally, but the wood is home to a very large rookery and I was wondering what the legality is with regards to rookeries and knocking trees in them for development of a building. The site would be .5 acres of the wood and would need to be cleared for building the house, but would it be legal to do so or are rookeries protected?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Not only are there laws with regards protection of birds, but there are laws about the felling of mature trees too - you can't just cut down whatever tree you want. Play it safe and talk to your local NPWS Conservation Ranger.

Mod Note: This is a legal issue, and boards.ie isn't the place to get or give legal advice, so I'm closing the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement