Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC "waiting for..."

Options
  • 28-09-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    Recently I have begun to see a message "waiting for...Hall PIR..Kitchen Window." just before a full arm of my quantum 70 system. I'm asked if I want to continue just after that message.
    the zone referenced is random enough and the message appears about 50% of the time I arm the system. system working fine other than that

Batteries in the PIR's and sensors are ok and radio signal strength is good, I checked them in status in zone menu.

I wondered if I was getting interference on the 868mhz frequency...

thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 monomer

Anyone....? KoolKid, Altor ? seen this before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I haven't seen that message on a Quantum before. Have you asked your installer?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Havn't seen it either. No reference to it in the manuals either.

Yeah, nothing in the manual. have not asked installer yet.... I might do a full power down and backup to see if that clears out any gremlins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

monomer wrote: »
    Anyone....? KoolKid, Altor ? seen this before ?

The sensors communicate with the control panel, if it does not it will flag it as waiting. Could be an issue with the signal to the sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

This is a pre warning that the panel has not heard a poll from the sensor in the last 25-30 seconds. It could be an interference issue that is low enough to effect the sensor polling but not strong enough to cause an RF JAM fault as the interference may not be above the threshold. If after 20-120 minutes and the panel has not heard from the sensor if will flag an RF comms fault.

How far away from the panel are these detectors ? When did you first notice this ? Also how old are the sensors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Did any of your neighbours recently get a new wireless alarm installed?

Ask your neighbours if they've recently bought any new fancy wireless gadgets. Eg
    Nest protect.
    Nest thermostat.
    Wireless thermostat
    Wireless doorbell.
    Home automation modules.
    New WiFi router.
    New wireless alarm.
    Philips hue .
    Lifx bulb.
    Belkin wemo gear.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would be concerned if any of those had an effect on any good security system.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would be concerned if any of those had an effect on any good security system.
    "]

They all fall into the 800-900 MHz range. Regardless of panel make. You could have the best panel in the world but if something else is on the same frequency at a stronger level its going to cause issues. all security alarms should frequency hop to avoid future issues[/quote]

• Advertisement

As a licenced installer I have never come across issues with any of the above interfering with systems conforming to en50131..

As a licenced installer I have never come across issues with any of the above interfering with systems conforming to en50131..

They are all fairly new . slowly congesting. After all look what happened to the 433mhz. Also have you never come across a visonic PIR jamming the panel ???? Its very interesting

No, I have not come across these issues with any systems conforming to en50131.
    Have you?

No, I have not come across these issues with any systems conforming to en50131.
    Have you?

Did 433mhz ever conform to EN50131? Anyway that is old hat, now as far as general pan European frequencies go, any electronic devices that emit a frequency have to do so within a certain range so that they don't interfere with other devices.
    So if an electronic device conforms with whatever relevant standard then it will not interfere with a wireless EN 50131 alarm system.
    Now i have to wonder about American electronics or Chinese stuff that might have been purchased online.

As an installer I have not come across any issue with jamming like you describe.

As an installer I have not come across any issue with jamming like you describe.

Neither have I, just trying to help the OP.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

You don't need a lienece to offer an opinion, and our identity is protected by boards rules so we don't know who is and who is not licenced, however it does not matter as this only a discussion forum. I understand someone who works in the industry would have more experience than someone who does not.
    However it seems it's difficult to communicate same without breaching Boards rules on advertising.

So well just have to work with the rules we have , when they suit us and don't.

Hi Guys,
    I did a full power down of the panel and back up and the issue persisted.
    In engineer more, with show faults active.. I could see the waiting message every minute of so.

I pulled off the front and had a look to check the aerials were all ok. they seemed to be fine.
    THEN I saw that the power (l,n,e) chord was cutting across the board internally.
    An electrican had recently put in a new fused spur in and im guessing just ran the cable internally in the unit. !

I put it externally behind the unit, powered down again and that has sorted it.

the only issue now is the time on the unit is fast. about an hour a day fast..!

I'm on version 3.0.4

does anybody know if a later version of the code will fix the issue ?

thanks

Hi Guys,
    I did a full power down of the panel and back up and the issue persisted.
    In engineer more, with show faults active.. I could see the waiting message every minute of so.

I pulled off the front and had a look to check the aerials were all ok. they seemed to be fine.
    THEN I saw that the power (l,n,e) chord was cutting across the board internally.
    An electrican had recently put in a new fused spur in and im guessing just ran the cable internally in the unit. !

I put it externally behind the unit, powered down again and that has sorted it.

the only issue now is the time on the unit is fast. about an hour a day fast..!

I'm on version 3.0.4

does anybody know if a later version of the code will fix the issue ?

thanks

Could of being causing interference alright.
    When you powered up the unit did you not get the option to set the time?

i can set the time alright. in manager mode. it just never stays on track.
    after 10 days or a week or so, its a day out!

one other thing i noticed is that when i do a full set, it counts down the standard 30 second exit time.
    but sometimes i can see that its too fast and the 30 seconds finishes in about 20 seconds.

i read somewhere that it was an issue on an older code.

do you know the latest version ?

• Advertisement

i can set the time alright. in manager mode. it just never stays on track.
    after 10 days or a week or so, its a day out!

one other thing i noticed is that when i do a full set, it counts down the standard 30 second exit time.
    but sometimes i can see that its too fast and the 30 seconds finishes in about 20 seconds.

i read somewhere that it was an issue on an older code.

do you know the latest version ?

Something not right there.
    I would recommend having your system upgraded to the latest software.
    Version 3.2.0 would be the latest on the Quantum 70.

Hi, Just wanted to update this.

If I remove the GSM-Q (PCB 2072) off the board, the time problem and the waiting for problem goes away.

So, as a summary, with the GSM-Q on the mainboard, the system clock runs fast and the 30 second exit timer runs down in about 10-15 seconds and every now and then I get the waiting for. almost like the gsq-q is jamming the mainboard antenna.
    I can reproduce the problem by a full power down the system, add the GSM-Q back in.
    as soon as i do that the system clock resets to 00:00 (normal I guess - NTP would ne handy on these) and I can see the minutes go up in seconds. so its fast again.

without the GSM-Q everything runs perfectly except I keep getting the GSM fault message.
    while nothing wrong with that I would like the GSM feature back.

so it either

A) bad GSM-Q. Annoying as its a recent enough one (sticker says v1.2.3 - sep 2013) one and they are expensive.

B) the GSM-Q is ok, but something about the interaction of it and the mainboard is bad. the board is providing 13.7 volts to the card. pins 1 and 4 on j15.

any help appreciated.

Hi, Just wanted to update this.

If I remove the GSM-Q (PCB 2072) off the board, the time problem and the waiting for problem goes away.

So, as a summary, with the GSM-Q on the mainboard, the system clock runs fast and the 30 second exit timer runs down in about 10-15 seconds and every now and then I get the waiting for. almost like the gsq-q is jamming the mainboard antenna.
    I can reproduce the problem by a full power down the system, add the GSM-Q back in.
    as soon as i do that the system clock resets to 00:00 (normal I guess - NTP would ne handy on these) and I can see the minutes go up in seconds. so its fast again.

without the GSM-Q everything runs perfectly except I keep getting the GSM fault message.
    while nothing wrong with that I would like the GSM feature back.

so it either

A) bad GSM-Q. Annoying as its a recent enough one (sticker says v1.2.3 - sep 2013) one and they are expensive.

B) the GSM-Q is ok, but something about the interaction of it and the mainboard is bad. the board is providing 13.7 volts to the card. pins 1 and 4 on j15.

any help appreciated.

Id recommend a software upgrade as something is not right.
    Ive never come across this fault.

Advertisement