Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expected 2.1

Options
  • 28-09-2015 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Most graduate programmes have a requirement of an expected 2.1. Does this mean if you have a 2.2 in your penultimate year you are ruled out? I'm confident of getting a 2.1 or better as my final degree result but as I said I only got a 2.2 in my most recent and penultimate year. Has anyone ever been in this situation. Did you wait and apply the next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KaseLieberKase

RyanDrive wrote: »
    Most graduate programmes have a requirement of an expected 2.1. Does this mean if you have a 2.2 in your penultimate year you are ruled out? I'm confident of getting a 2.1 or better as my final degree result but as I said I only got a 2.2 in my most recent and penultimate year. Has anyone ever been in this situation. Did you wait and apply the next year?

No, I got a 2.2 in my penultimate year but pulled it up to a 2.1 overall for my degree. Only in one interview was I was asked about the lower grade and if I was confident I could bring it up. I explained that I was working too many hours at my part-time job and got the balance wrong but had learned from my mistake.

Got offers from 3 out of 3 interviews, so no need to worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RyanDrive

No, I got a 2.2 in my penultimate year but pulled it up to a 2.1 overall for my degree. Only in one interview was I was asked about the lower grade and if I was confident I could bring it up. I explained that I was working too many hours at my part-time job and got the balance wrong but had learned from my mistake.

Got offers from 3 out of 3 interviews, so no need to worry about that.

Thanks for the reply, so on the applications did you say you expected a 2.1?

Advertisement