Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy s6

Options
  • 27-09-2015 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

So what do people think of this phone so far? I have mine two weeks now its quite a piece of kit and they've really corrected this phone alot from the s5

However it all counts for nothing when the battery is very poor.. Id take it off charge at 8am be in college all day so not alot of use by any means regular checks on social media and it would be almost dead at about 4.. Its unacceptable in this day an age of technology that this flagship smartphone dosent have a battery that lasts all day until you go to bed.. So so poor it deters me from wanting to use it much during the day which is just not right im almost contemplating going back to my previous phone.. Shame!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

I have mine about two weeks and it's a great phone in general, battery charges mega fast but discharges just as fast. I noticed that if I leave the phone alone it'll last almost two days but if I dare use it (activate screen) it's dead in a few hours!!!

Also, with that huge camera it doesn't sit dead flat on a table and due to how it is made, the phone gets a rather weak signal most of the time, they had to add plastic inserts to the bezel to allow signal to pass through the case.

Oh and the phone is super slippy and will hit the floor eventually :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I use mine non stop and can get a full day out of it. Maybe its the amount of app with push notifications causing yours to drain really quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Now that you say that, the default email app has used 22% of my battery, I only have 3 accounts hooked up to it but they are all set to push!

You might be onto something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Never use the default mail app!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I got an S6 64gb two weeks ago I find the battery on it good at the moment i would normally listen to the music for around 90 mins while out training and the battery would still be at 85%.
    It has Android 5.1.1 at the moment and I am after receiving a push notification to up date the software,The thing is the last two galaxy I had (S3/S4) when I updated the software the phones battery life went downhill and kept freezing.
    So has anyone updated from 5.1.1 and if so what was the battery life like afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

5.1.1 is the latest Android version on it, I'd say your update is just a minor one to fix some bugs/security stuff. The last one I got did download Excel & Word as system apps but you can disable them if you want.

The battery life is fine. I did have an issue before for about 5 days where the battery life went terrible. I uninstalled a recently installed app and switched some WiFi setting for scanning even when off to off and the battery went back to normal. Not sure which thing caused my battery problems as I done both of those fixes at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Never use the default mail app!

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

The minute I use games/Internet battery takes a hit, switching to the LG G4 in 5 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

http://www.pixmania.ie/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s6-cosmos-black-4g-32-giga-smartphone/22516199-a.html

Would this be the cheapest you'd pick up an S6? Torn between this, a Z5 or Moto X Style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Testament1 wrote: »

I looked at that offer when I bought mine two weeks ago, but I was wary that the phone was not sold by Pixmania, but some seller, and their reviews were few and rather disappointing.

Ended up buying mine on expansys.

The phone is great, but I'm having issues with applications randomly crashing. The most obvious ones are Spotify (music stops playing) and Endomondo (workout stops being recorded). There might be other apps crashing, but I couldn't tell, as they don't provide continuous information to me.

This seems to be a fault of the phone + Android, and not the apps themselves. For example, if I reboot the phone prior to my run, Endomondo does not crash.

Has anyone else seen random applications crashing on S6?

• Advertisement
Advertisement