Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricial Apprenticeship

Options
  • 27-09-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm an apprentice spark now for 2 months and my boss is just giving me a basic wage of 150.00 a week, (docked me 30 this week for being sick one day)..iv worked it out I'm on 3.30 an hour and there is no sign of my wages to go up..I'm quite competent now as I'm second fixing on my own nearly at times?.any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I'm an apprentice spark now for 2 months and my boss is just giving me a basic wage of 150.00 a week, (docked me 30 this week for being sick one day)..iv worked it out I'm on 3.30 an hour and there is no sign of my wages to go up..I'm quite competent now as I'm second fixing on my own nearly at times?.any thoughts?

Hi JuniorSpark91 i need some more info before i can advise. First of all has your boss registered you with Solas(previously know as FAS) or are you on a trial basis at the moment. If you are on a trial basis you are entitled to the minimum wage that applies to your age group, if he has registered you as an apprentice then you are entitled to the first year apprentice rate of €242.58 per week.

The rate you are receiving is way below what he is allowed to pay. To cover yourself i would keep all payslips as evidence of what you are being paid for future evidence should you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JuniorSpark91

Hi JuniorSpark91 i need some more info before i can advise. First of all has your boss registered you with Solas(previously know as FAS) or are you on a trial basis at the moment. If you are on a trial basis you are entitled to the minimum wage that applies to your age group, if he has registered you as an apprentice then you are entitled to the first year apprentice rate of €242.58 per week.

The rate you are receiving is way below what he is allowed to pay. To cover yourself i would keep all payslips as evidence of what you are being paid for future evidence should you need it.

Hi Paul_Mc1988 yes I am registered nearly a month now with Solas. And no trial period was mentioned to me at start of my apprenticeship. He pays me by means of a cheque but I have not being issued a pay slip at all. Is there regulations in place to say that a phase 1 apprentice should be given a set wage? Or is payment solely at the discretion of the employer?, thanks in advance

Advertisement