Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox's sussed Wheelie Bin's

Options
  • 27-09-2015 6:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I happened to look out the window at 3.30 this morning to see a fox jump on to wheelie bin one, Lift the lid of wheelie bin two and disappear into the bin. He reappeared 30 seconds later with half a stale Brennan's loaf I threw out earlier ! I did not think I had Fox's in my garden so today bought a large sack of Dog food and will leave a bowl out to see if he comes back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Really shouldn't be feeding foxes mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fox'll be back whether you leave food out or not. Best leave them to their own devices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Why not? Because it will keep them around?

It obviously knows that it can get food from this person's bins so feeding it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

I don't live on my farm. Where I live (far from the farm) I feed the foxes! On my farm I get rid of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you want to feed a Fox then feed the Fox. No harm in doing so. I have done so many times and it was a privilege.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just to add; feed it irregularly to avoid it becoming dependent. Every third evening or so should be sufficient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

endacl wrote: »
    Fox'll be back whether you leave food out or not. Best leave them to their own devices.
    I will feed them (it) over winter. I have a trail cam which I will put up tomorrow and try and catch the bin trick again. I live on a busy road and don't see them around too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I encountered a fox while on holidays in Tragumna, Cork last May. It came right up to the back door. I rolled an egg down the grassy slope - it grabbed it in its mouth and trotted off looking very pleased with itself. Beautiful creature up close - it's coat was a very deep rusty brown colour although that might have been a trick of the light as it was just after sunset and approaching darkness.

Advertisement