Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed a registered letter from Roscommon

• 27-09-2015 6:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

I missed a registered letter last week and a friend in An Post was able to track it as far as Roscommon but was unable to find out who it was from.

Does anyone know what State etc headquaters are there? Google isnt much help on this one.

Comments

I missed a registered letter last week and a friend in An Post was able to track it as far as Roscommon but was unable to find out who it was from.

Does anyone know what State etc headquaters are there? Google isnt much help on this one.

You're being summonsed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 FullDisclosure

Candie wrote: »
    You're being summonsed.

What? By who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

It's the sex offenders register. Don't sign for it when it comes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why didn't you pick it up at your local sorting office? The card you would have got saying you missed it would have told you were to collect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

What? By who?

Disclosure Compliance Committee.... for not disclosing....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

U missed my letter.

My name is Fanshi. I am a nigerian prince. I have two million for you but keep it on the qt.

Why didn't you pick it up at your local sorting office? The card you would have got saying you missed it would have told you were to collect!

I missed the ridiculously short deadline on it. Its only 5 working days and I was busy and only realised it was 5 days on day 6 when I read the small print.. It has now been returned to sender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

You do know Solicitors will serve court documents such as summonses by registered post, might have been better not to get it :)

I missed the ridiculously short deadline on it. Its only 5 working days and I was busy and only realised it was 5 days on day 6 when I read the small print.. It has now been returned to sender.

So its your fault you missed it but easier to blame someone else.
    Most normal people consider a registered letter important and pick it up quickly due to the sender thinking it was important and registering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

How could you miss a full working week for a registered letter? Probably a summons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Proof of life in Roscommon.

kneemos wrote: »
    Proof of life in Roscommon.

Its still only a theory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

is your insurance company based in roscommon? axa have sent me regeistered letters before, nearly had a fcuking stroke over the pricks.

is your insurance company based in roscommon? .

No they're not thankfully :)

Which State bodies or similar ARE in Roscommon as their main headquarters? Im at a loss who this is from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Is the Births, Deaths, Marriages place there?

Also, isnt the European Headquarters of Fun there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭gipi

How could you miss a full working week for a registered letter? Probably a summons.

Very easy to miss a letter when sorting offices are generally only open 9-5, unless you work nearby. I can't get to my local sorting office unless I take time off work to get there, because I don't work in the same town.

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

District court summons for speeding or something.
    Have you ever been in Roscommon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No they're not thankfully :)

Which State bodies or similar ARE in Roscommon as their main headquarters? Im at a loss who this is from.

I'll save you the bother, just report to Castlerea prison at 09:00 tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Op roscommon is just the main mail return centre for any metered registered letter (ie mail sent out by a business who send mail out in bulk) so it actually could be sent from any company anywhere in the country.

Normally, people who get registered letters have some inkling what they are about or are expecting them before they arrive. I think the most common senders of letters that are unexpected are the likes of insurance companies where you might have missed a monthly payment and they send standardised letters out to remind you that your policy will be void if you do not pay etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Castlerea prison wants you to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

If it's from Roscommon it could be the High Gay Council inviting you to their new headquarters.

Most of the time if you have no idea what a registered letter is it is better to not receive it. Unexpected registered letters are rarely a good thing. (usually a summons)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

Sounds like a summons to appear in court

Advertisement