Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving toddler from cot to bed

Options
  • 27-09-2015 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, my son is nearly 3 and we are looking at putting him into his own bed soon. Has anyone any tips on what to have in his room, toys etc. Just don't want him up half the night playing or climbing on things. What have other people done. Also wondering about the pros and cons of getting him a toddler bed??? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Everyone is different but I have never let mine have toys in rooms, Bedrooms here are just for sleeping, so I keep the distractions to a minimum.

I know their cousins have heaps of things, in the hope when they wake up early they will play with them, so it's whatever works for your family.

Try to make it safe. No chords from blinds, no furniture he can climb on to get to the windows, no electrical cables they can get around their neck.

I don't really see the point of toddler beds. Yet another piece of furniture to replace in a few years? They fit fine in a single bed. If you think they will fall out, use a bed rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

My daughter is 2 and a half and I moved her into a single bed a couple of months ago. I was apprehensive about the move but she took to it no problem. She has only ever gotten out of bed once and lies in it in the morning til I get up or I call her, I couldn't believe it! :D she has teddies in it and a couple of books and she amuses herself at night for a while til she drops off.

I got a full size single bed. Like pwurple I didn't see the point of getting a small bed that we'd have to replace. I got one with a pull out trundle underneath and it's been very useful on the two occasions she's been sick since as I slept on it beside her and was far more comfortable than in beside her or on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I got one with a pull out trundle underneath and it's been very useful on the two occasions she's been sick since as I slept on it beside her and was far more comfortable than in beside her or on the floor.

That's a great idea - will come in useful for sleepovers in the future as well no doubt. My lad is a monkey, you can't take your eye off him for a second so he'll be in a cot as long as humanely possible lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bellablu2011

Thanks pwurple and typer monkey, I think I need to do a bit of organising in his room first so. Nikpmup I am the same with my lb, he has just about grown out of his grow bag so he will be climbing out as soon as he is out of it

Advertisement