Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failed alternator.

Options
  • 27-09-2015 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

My Alternator was fine the other day, but yesterday when I went to start the car, the red light wouldn't go out and my meter showed no output. What would cause an alternator to fail over night like that? A blown diode perhaps?

Of course it might be as simple as a loose connection, I haven't had time to check yet. Fan belt is fine and was tightened only recently.

1979 Capri 1600

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

I found an old repair in one of the leads, and remade it and it seems to be working now... cheap fix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

I wasn't fancying getting the alt. out as it is under the power steering reservoir and in quite an awkward spot. chuffed now

Advertisement