Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaipur ongar....

Options
  • 26-09-2015 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Sorry to see it close!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm not. Thought they tried too hard. Took conventional dishes people like and added in weird ingredients. Wasn't cheap either. Never thought it a good fit for Ongar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm sorry, but not surprised.

How could you not be sorry to see somewhere closed unless they personally poisoned you?

Their food was great, really nice and worth paying for. But apart from when it initially opened it never seemed to be very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sorry to hear that too. It added a touch of class to the area but i did wonder how it survived too as it did never seem to be very busy, even at weekends. hopefully a nice replacement restaurant will open with a better opportunity for making a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not a massive fan of Indian food, but really loved the food there. Haven't been in about 7 or 8 years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Sorry to see it go, we went there 3-4 times a year as a treat and always had a great experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Yes
    Hopefully the replacement business will not be a take away.....

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    Sorry to see it go, we went there 3-4 times a year as a treat and always had a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Probably the best indian food I have had in Ireland (and that coming from London where ALL my friends were Gujarati so I was spoilt with home cooking). If it had been more affordable I would have eaten there every week!

Shame it has closed. Can't think of an indian in D15 that I would bother ordering from, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

The only surprise regards Jaipur was how it stayed open for as long as it did? The place was nearly always empty when ever I went past & it was massively over priced for the location it was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

How long was it there? I tried it earlier this year when we got a leaflet in the door and it was excessively expensive for what I got. It was lovely but the price put me off. I didn't even know it was there until we got the leaflet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Summer 2007 as we were there for a birthday when it first opened and got complimentary Prosecco!! 😄 agreed its takeaway prices were steep but their early birds for dining were good value. I liked the fact they weren't bog standard Indian food! Maybe a nice Thai restaurant to replace? I think the new Pizza Project place covers the Italian choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

ongarboy wrote: »
    Summer 2007 as we were there for a birthday when it first opened and got complimentary Prosecco!! 😄 agreed its takeaway prices were steep but their early birds for dining were good value. I liked the fact they weren't bog standard Indian food! Maybe a nice Thai restaurant to replace? I think the new Pizza Project place covers the Italian choice.
    I think Thai is covered now with Wagamamas, Mao, Diep and Camile all in Blanchardstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

fletch wrote: »
    I think Thai is covered now with Wagamamas, Mao, Diep and Camile all in Blanchardstown?

Also thai garden and thai garden at home

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

The didn't seem to offer/advertise any deals ie starter and main for say €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

Pity it closed, I always liked it there, great quality food, the service was always good and staff were friendly. The only thing is that it was always quite whenever I was there, even at the weekends, I could never figure out how they managed to stay open for so long when it was quite most of the time.

Advertisement