Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the stpry with studying (doing an online course) while in Canada on a WHV

Options
  • 25-09-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I want to do 2 online courses that one of the guys at work recommended to me - I was about to sign up until someone said that CIC have a few rules when it comes to this - without a study permit we can only do a course if it is less than 6 months.

I done a bit of checking online and couldn't find a correct answer. I seriously doubt this relates to online courses but I just want to be doubly sure. The company is an international one and has a .org address so has nothing to with Calgary or Canada and I could have taken the course at home had I seen it.

Does anyone know for definite if online courses are ok to do? I could always do it and finish it in 6 months just to be sure..... you have 2 years to complete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

JT26 wrote: »

Thanks, I wonder does that apply to online courses from an overseas company? I assume the reason they do that is because you are studying at a canadian institute, but an online one (unless obviously it's a Canadian college or university distance learning programme) shouldn't have any effect as I could just as easily have done it at home....

Advertisement