Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hangers

Options
  • 25-09-2015 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Would anybody know if any shops give out free clothes hangers any more? I know I'm always offered them in Penneys when I buy something but don't know whether they'd give out loads if I asked! I need lots of them as we've just had renovations done and at long last I have enough wardrobe hanging space to hang nearly all my clothes but I'd need to spend a fortune on hangers if I was to buy them so I'd rather try and procure as many as I can foc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dunnes tend to be very generous with hangers, and I've been offered some in Dorothy Perkins and similar stores in the past. They often chuck out a load of them on bin day, maybe just ask at your local stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Penneys will throw in a few extra for you if you ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I've a load of spare ones if you want them and if you're ever anywhere near Blanch, they're decent quality ones too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hi all,

Would anybody know if any shops give out free clothes hangers any more? I know I'm always offered them in Penneys when I buy something but don't know whether they'd give out loads if I asked! I need lots of them as we've just had renovations done and at long last I have enough wardrobe hanging space to hang nearly all my clothes but I'd need to spend a fortune on hangers if I was to buy them so I'd rather try and procure as many as I can foc.

Thanks in advance.

I know this isn't free but I was in Tesco Clearwater last night and they had packs of plastic hangers (looked decent enough to me) which were €6 for 40 hangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I've a load of spare ones if you want them and if you're ever anywhere near Blanch, they're decent quality ones too!

Thanks for the offer, I'm in Drogheda and rarely in Blanch though :(

I know this isn't free but I was in Tesco Clearwater last night and they had packs of plastic hangers (looked decent enough to me) which were €6 for 40 hangers.
    I must get a couple of packs of those, hope they have them in my local tesco.

I used to work in retail and I know that a good few of the shops recycle their hangers back to their warehouses, we used to send them back to the UK on the empty delivery trucks. I remember there was a cost analysis done on the price of a plain black plastic hanger versus one with a brand name printed on it and it was costing crazy money to have them continuously printed. I'll try the likes of Dunnes and Penneys as well, just another excuse to buy more clothes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I asked in Arnotts Bargain Basement and also in Debenhams and they gave me loads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Penneys have no problem giving out loads of hangers if you asked based on my experience. New Look have done so in the past also. Their hangers are really good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

My local Penneys will happily give out hangers if you ask, so I'd say Penneys is probably your best bet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I work in Penneys and nobody minds making up a big bag of hangers for customers as long as the shop isn't mad busy. They all get sent back at the end of the day anyway, so you're actually making less work for someone by asking for a bag or two! :)

Advertisement