Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Lunar Elcipse ( 3.47am Monday ) Forecast.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Latest forecast not too bad.

363837.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,079 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A good deal of "fair" weather around this evening....lets hope everyone gets a chance to see this event!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

On the night shift myself so if it's clear i'll see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

high cloud will be there but you should still be able to see it..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Totally clear skies here in west cork ... Beautiful siight

Also nice to see Orion again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Have also had a good view of it here, just after moonrise (and sunset) in my time zone, at totality the south polar llmb appeared brighter (more earthshine hitting that region possibly) and in general the sphere of the eclipsed moon was a pink-grey hue, somewhat difficult to pick out of the evening twilight at first but progressively easier to see. Heading back out in 15 mins to observe the stages of reappearance. Skies also perfectly clear here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

We had a great view here in Galway as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Set the alarm for it but must have turned it off in my sleep.

Oh well. We'll get another chance in 20 years time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The supermoon lunar eclipse was awesome and was worth staying up!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I hope by the next time a lunar eclipse comes around they will have invented cameras! :P Oh...wait....

We need pictures for those of us who were incapable of getting up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Stayed up last night\this morning and the sky was clear. Great view of it here and below was my best effort at capturing it. Three hours sleep and into work, wrecked today but it was worth it.

[IMG][/img]21762951912_78b87b6732_c.jpgIMG_6536

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

That's fantastic Cul a cnoic, perfect .

Advertisement